Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Benchmark Assessment

Tomorrow we will work on the Benchmark Assessments in third grade.  I will have a sub while I administer the test.  Each child comes to read individually with me and will read several books to determine their reading level.  After reading the short book I will ask them several questions to see how well they understand the story.

It is a great opportunity for me to listen to each child read and be able to identify areas I need to help each child.  From there I will use our guided reading to work with small groups of students who have similar needs.  For example, I may take a group of three or four children who need help decoding words one day and another group who needs help with comprehension the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Book Finder