Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Math Updates


- We are starting our second math journal of the year. Even though it is past the half way point, we are still on track to finish the third grade math curriculum by the end of the the year.
- With the second set of math journals I am going to have the students tear out and take home the pages as we do them. I tried not tearing them out first semester and I didn't like it. I feel like the math boxes have more value if parents can also see where students are struggling.
- Many of the pages we will do in class, which is why they won't be graded. Math Boxes will be graded though, as the students do those independently.
- The students have seen their geometry tests that we took last week. I will send those home after report cards are sent home. Report cards will be sent home on Wednesday, March 14 and will send the tests home then for you to keep.
- Finally, we are back to multiplication so it's a great idea for the students to go back to the games page on the site and play multiplication games again. I'll post some new multiplication games again this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Book Finder