Thursday, February 9, 2012

Language Arts



We started our second textbook this week for Language Arts. The setup is the same, but a new unit with new stories and themes.

Along with the new unit I am going to try to refocus the language arts homework. They will still need to read the weekly story, but I'm going to modify the writing a little.

I am going to only give them one or two Think and Respond questions (the ones after the book), but since they have fewer questions to answer I want more complete answers. Yesterdays homework was this way and I want to refocus on writing with detail and giving complete answers.

For their questions these are things they should have:
- A paragraph with a topic sentence (usually their answer)
- At least two or three sentences to support their answer to the question
- Do not start with "Because" as that isn't a complete sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Book Finder